Lara A. Austrins
Lara A. Austrins is an associate attorney in our Chicago office. Ms. Austrins
concentrates her practice in Customs and International Trade Law. Ms. Austrins advises clients on regulatory matters, including tariff classification,
valuation, country of origin determinations, marking requirements, and intellectual property protection.
Ms. Austrins assists clients in administrative proceedings, including the following:
- requests for binding rulings;
- prior disclosures of violations;
- penalties and liquidated damage s mitigation;
- antidumping and countervailing duty matters;
- free trade agreements;
- duty preference programs;
- export licensing matters.
Admitted to Practice:
Illinois Bar (1999)
United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois (1999)
U.S. Court of International Trade (2000)
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit (2007)
American and Chicago Bar Associations
Society of International Affairs
Organization of Women in International Trade
Languages: Latvian (Native Speaker Proficiency)
Jessica R. Rifkin
Jessica R. Rifkin is an associate attorney in our Chicago office. Ms. Rifkin concentrates her practice in Customs and International Trade law. She
received her Bachelor of Arts degree from Bryn Mawr College in 1983, and her Juris Doctor degree, magna cum laude, from the Syracuse University College of Law in 1986.
Ms. Rifkin’s practice focuses on all aspects of the import and export process, including the following:
- tariff classification and valuation of imported merchandise;
- country of origin determinations;
- import, export, and NAFTA compliance programs;
- seizures and penalties;
- intellectual property protection;
- anti-dumping and countervailing duty cases.
- the U.S. restrictions on trade administered by the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC);
- the U.S. cabotage laws (Jones Act).
Ms. Rifkin has special expertise in the area of Customs litigation. She has argued cases before
both the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit and the U.S. Court of International Trade.
Prior to joining Rodriguez O’Donnell, Ms. Rifkin was an associate in the Washington, D.C. office
of Akin, Gump, Strauss, Hauer & Feld LLP and was Counsel to the Washington, D.C. office of Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP.
Admitted to Practice:
New York Bar (1987);
District of Columbia Bar (1988);
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit;
U.S. Court of International Trade